Although the holidays have come and gone, we at Technology Associates found ourselves a great way to stay in the spirit! After feeling especially grateful for such a great year in 2014, we wanted to take an opportunity to give to those who may not have so much to be grateful for.
And with that, we have organized a coat drive and food drive with donations going to the Raleigh Rescue Mission. Raleigh Rescue Mission helps those in need, right here in our area, in a multitude of ways; but for our purposes, we knew they would do a great job putting warm jackets and food straight into the hands of those who are in need.
AND NOW WE ARE INVITING YOU TO JOIN IN!
Invite your coworkers to bring in coats and food to your office, as long as it isn’t too far; we’d be happy to come to pick up your donations! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to participate or have items to donate. Or tweet us @techassociatenc – social media is a great way to inspire others to join in too! We are trying to collect as much as we can by February 13th to ensure ample time for all donations to be distributed.
Here’s a look at what we’ve collected in just one short week!
Want to help? Here’s what we are looking for:
- New or gently used coats in ALL shapes and sizes (women’s, men’s, babies, children)
- New or gently used warm weather gear in ALL shapes and sizes. Gloves, scarves, hats, etc.
- Non-perishable food items: this is pretty much anything that can be stored in a pantry. Here are some ideas to get you started
- Canned food! Soups, vegetables, fruits, beans, meats, etc.
- Pasta/ sauce in jars
- Bags of rice, dry beans, etc
Every donation counts! Get a jump start on your spring cleaning and go through your closet and pantry – you might be surprised and how much you can find!
Whether we work together, or you start a drive on your own – let us know! We will add your name to the special thanks list.